Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Having Fun With Sewing!

Hi everyone hope you are having a wonderful day!  The weather is wonderful here today, lovely sunshine and blue skies! It just makes you feel so 'alive' when its sunny and warm! I LOVE SPRING and cannot wait for SUMMER lol!

Today I have been having some fun with my sewing machine.  I have been wanting lately to try some sewing techniques on my cards so I thought I would give it a go and I cannot believe how easy it was!  On the yellow card with the patterned paper I practiced lots of different stitches changing the length and pattern of them to see what I liked (it looks a right mess lol!)  On the pink card are the sizes I ended up choosing for the straight and zigzag stitches. I haven't tried going round corners yet with the zigzag stitch so that should be fun lol! (Excuse the terrible pictures I have yet to learn how to edit them properly!)




I am doing a sketch card at the moment which I am going to do some stitching on, hopefully I will get this finished later today so I can upload it here for you to see. Hope I dont mess it up or I will have to start again lol!

Ok I'm off to finish my card now so I shall see you all later!

Hugs
Tracey



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you jumped in and gave sewing a try! That's about what my practice pieces looked like. It took a bit for me to get the tension and stitch length that I liked, but I love the look of stitching on cards. Can't wait to see a finished card posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to remember how to fill my bobbin. I haven't sewed in many years but decided I wanted to add that to my cards too. I guess it will be like coloring, practice and more practice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment, I love to read them and they are greatly appreciated, hugs, Tracey xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...