Monday, 21 November 2011

Felt Flowers Tutorial

I wanted to show you a little tutorial about how I make my felt flowers.

I used:   Grand Calibur
              Spellbinders Shapeabilities Spiral Blossom One
              Spellbinders Shapeabilities Spiral Blossom Two
              Felt
              Glue
              Star Dust Stickles



I bought two types of felt, one was a bit thinner than the other and I found that the thicker of the two cut much better!  They were approximately A4 in size and I cut in them in half and was able to cut two flowers out of each half. 



I also found that when cutting the flowers they needed to be put through the machine 4 times which gave them a good cut, apart from the thinner felt which was still attached in places (you would have thought it would have been the other way round)! If you are careful you can just cut these pieces with some scissors. Once you have cut your flowers out you can start to assemble them. 



I put a small bit of glue along the bottom edge then started to roll the felt making sure not to roll it too tightly, and keeping the bottom edge flat. I done this a little bit at a time so I didnt get glue all over the flower!





Carry on until you reach the end then glue the last piece to the flat bottom part of the flower.  If you wish after doing this you can trim the last piece so it looks neater.




You will then need to arrange the petals so your happy with the look, then if you want put some stickles on the tips of them and leave to dry.






I hope you enjoy making them.

Happy Crafting!

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment, I love to read them and they are greatly appreciated, hugs, Tracey xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...